Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting a Location Choice from "Set Location" Menu 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

unixgy

Technical User
Dec 28, 2001
US
Hello. I am using Networker 6.1.1 on Solaris. I have setup various location names to label my volume locations for documentation purposes. I am able to add new locations to the Location drop down menu, but I have not figured out how to delete any of the entries in this table.

The path is Media->Volumes->Volume->Set Location

I have already RTFM but don't see anything pertaining to this. The Help only discusses Adding location names.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Location are typically used for location of media in an autochanger. robota or robotb My guess is they are in the nsrjb.res file. Do not edit directly without saving the orginal. delete the "name:" references with the system down. Once you bring it back up they should be gone. If your system seems messed up down it and put back the saved file.

joe

When u have removed all volumes from a particular location that location will no longer show up in the location list. At least that looks like it's the way it work on 6.1.1 for NT.

Actually the location field is maintained in the media database and can be updated with the "mmlocate" command from the command line or with the GUI.

From the command line you can clear the location field by using the "-c" option and volume label. Must be a limitation to nwadmin.

I have never used it but syntax should be:

mmlocate -c volumelabel

Do not use the "-d" option. This is for deleting volumes from the media database for a given location.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back