Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deleting a .ldb file

Status
Not open for further replies.

cissilya

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2005
US
Does anyone have any idea of how to get around the .ldb file not relasing. Is there any way to delete this file?

You might need someone with Admin rights. That happens to us once and a while. The ldb becomes a zero byte lock file and we need the tech group to delete it. Its a pain in the butt.

I do have full admin rights to this file and folder and i just did not know if there was some small trick to get it to unlock quicker. I have deleted all the users but it crashed yesterday an not the lock file is just stuck

If the file is in a shared folder on a network, I have had to either remove the share then delete the .ldb file and then put the share back, or reboot the server at times to get the lock to clear...Something in the share still thinks someone has the file open.

=======================================
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
CCNA, CCDA, MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+, CHDP
VB/Access Programmer

Go into the server, via console, vnc or remote admin, or whatever, then go to Admin Tools, Computer Management, Shared Folders, then Open Files. You can delete it there, or at least clear the lock so it can be deleted.
--Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back