Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleted Users From Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trini5

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2007
US
I've deleted Users from the Active Directory that has left the company. However, I run a tape backup every night and during the tape back up (since my deletion) there is an error message "Backup of Microsoft Exchange mailboxes fails with error "V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory ?<mailbox name> and its subdirectories." How can I resolve this error message?

In your backup definition, you need to unselect and reselect.

I have a feeling you are using BackupExec 10 or so... I have the same problem. I think there is a residual reference to the deleted mailboxes in the definition. Just unselect and reselect. Submit the job and the error will be gone...

Robert Liebsch
Systems Psychologist,
Network Sociologist,
Security Pathologist,
User Therapist.

Thanks, so if I understand correctly, I went into Backup definitions and unchecked and check my exchange server. I run my backup at night so I will let you know if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back