Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleted User Receives Shared Calendar Appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhurst925

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2006
US
I have one particular account that is doing something odd. If someone sends him a meeting invite in Outlook, a user who has been deleted from the AD and the exchange Mailbox still receives the notifications. I have gone in to his account and removed all but the default permissions for the users. I have recreated the old account gone in and removed the recreated the share and then deleted it again. I am at a loss as to what to do next. The deleted user has been completely removed from my system, but it is still resolved her name and email address.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance
Matt

Go to Exchange System Manager > First Administrative Group > Servers > <Server Name> > First Storage Group > Mailbox Store and right click on Mailboxes

Run the cleanup agent... wait 2 mins... refresh... and see if the removed mailbox is in there... if it is... right click on that mailbox and select <purge>

Chris Clancy, EnCE,CCE

" ... when you can't figure out what the problem is, find out what it isn't.... "

Recreate the user.
Wait for propogation.
Go to Outlook and remove them from being a delegate.
Delete the user.

I tried that also yesterday and again this morning. I'm still getting the same problem. Is there anywhere else that a delegate can be defined?

I had the same problem. You are supposed to delete people from being delegates BEFORE you delete their AD account, but sometimes that doesn't happen.

In my case, I knew which user caused the NDR to be sent. We checked that they had no rules in their mailbox (export them if they do have rules), then started outlook with the command line switch /cleanrules. That fixed our problem.

You can also write a script to return all accounts with delegates, but I don't recall how. You search for delegatesBL and publicdelegates in AD, if I remember correctly. I'll see if I can find the script.

Here is the reply from MS when I opened a similar case:

Issue
=====
Members are getting NDR from One user whose AD account was deleted

Resolution
============

This user must have been a delegate to many users and was not removed from managers’ Outlook before her AD account was disabled. Here are steps we tried :
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Click the Delegates tab.
3. Click the delegate that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
4. Click OK to close the Options dialog box.
Note After the delegate has been removed from Outlook 2003, the delegate's rule is removed. Then, the delegate can be removed from Active Directory.
>>But we could not find her listed as a delegate, therefore applied the steps below :
1. Checked if the user had any rules, none present
2. Ran Outlook /cleanrules
We were then able to send meetings to only the manager without getting any NDR from the delegate and no emails were sent to the delegate’s mailbox.

The detailed information of this behavior is given in the Knowledge Bas article :

Members of your organization may receive a non-delivery report if your delegate’s mailbox object is removed from Active Directory before you can remove the delegate in Outlook 2003

CCA Citrix 4.0
MCSA: Messaging 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back