Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleted messages in my inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapenut

Technical User
Sep 25, 2007
US
This just started this morning. When I go to my inbox and delete a message it does not go into the trash. Up until this morning when I deleted a message it was gone from my inbox and put into the trash. Now the message stays in my inbox but now has a 'X' in front of it. I would like to have it go directly into my trash, How can I get this to do that?

What version of Notes are you using? The settings for this can vary.

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

I believe it is under File>Preferences>User Preferences>Mail>General. There should be a box that says "Automatically refresh inbox" Let me know if that doesn't fix it. You may have to toggle it off, close notes, then toggle it on to get it to take effect.

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

No that didn't work, the box was checked and I toggled it on and off and closed Notes in between. I did notice that now Notes also ask me if I want to delete all of my messages in the trash when I go to close notes. This also wasn't happening the other day. Thanks

Check that 'soft deletions' is enabled

File > Database > Properties
Advanced tab
Tick 'Allow soft deletions'

John

I've got a stepladder. It's nice, but I wish I knew my real ladder.

Happy to help, glad it's working.

John

I've got a stepladder. It's nice, but I wish I knew my real ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back