Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleted Email coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2003
US
Hello,

My boss of all people is deleting his unwanted email and then seemingly arbitrarily it's coming back. He's one of about 15 people in our office using the following,

Outlook 2003 with cached Exchange mode
He's a client of an AD domain and the Exchange server is 2003. This has been going on for almost a month and he is the only person encountering the issue. The only thing that changed is that he now uses a Treo 650 and it synchronizes with his outlook. The only thing it synchronizes is his tasks, calendar and contacts. The operating system is Windows XP.

Per Microsoft suppport I created a new profile and this seemed to resolve the issue for a few days however it started happening again. I haven't had to submit a question like this over the internet usually I find the answers however at this point i'm literally stumped. Nothing in Event Viewer is telling me anything at all interesting, there isn't much information on the internet related to the issue. I am not sure if the Treo could be causing the problem.

If anybody has any advice please tell me. Thank you,

The mails that re coming back are they the same as the deleted mails? cos you might just have a case of spam attack. If its spam you can block from your server preventing the mails from getting to your user, So monitor his mails find out if its spam then take the necessary actions, I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back