Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete User off AS400 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenv

Technical User
Jun 17, 2004
US
Tried deleting a certain user off the as400. WRKUSRPRF JSMITH and put a 4 to delete. However i received "Not able to allocate user profile JSMITH".
I am logged in as QSECOFR and have never had isssues before. I also put a 12 "12=Work with objects by owner" to see if the user owned anything that might be hindering deletion and got. There was only one object.
Opt Object Library Type Attribute ASP Device
JSMITH QUSRSYS *MSGQ (Blank) *SYSBAS
typed in option 4 to delete and received "Message queue JSMITH is allocated to another job."

HELP
thanks in advance.

Someone is either logged in as JSMITH, or there is a job out there running under his name.

Try WRKOBJLCK JSMITH *USRPRF & see what you come up with.

Good luck

Thank you.
User had a couple of locks, able to end them and then able to delete profile.

Glad to help. :)

Also, you may want to check scheduled jobs (WRKJOBSCDE) to be sure that none will be submitted as him, as they will no longer work. Pressing F11 twice will show you a view that lists the user who scheduled the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back