Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DELETE soundcard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanpaul

Technical User
Aug 13, 2000
SE
I have a normal Soundblaster 64V PCI. Windows 2000 Pro has a driver called something like 1371 for that soundcard. It was installed automatically and worked fine. I was disapointed when I found that it couldn't record at the same time as something played (full duplex or what it's called..). That worked on my previous system (windows 98). After finding that out I decided to try to get some old drivers for that card. I took my cd and found drivers for NT4 and installed those. A mistake. No sound at all. Then I tried to use some other similar drivers from the list in Windows 2000 Pro. Everything on the computer became slooow. I tried to change back but the sound didn't work. I tried to update from the Internet. I found the drivers but the sound didn't work. I deleted the card driver and restarted. Now my windows hangs in the loading phase unless I don't pull out the card.

How do I delete everything, make a clean start, without formatting the drive??

Thanks, Henrik

Well, here's my suggestion. Pull out the sound card physically, and reboot. Put it back in, reboot and hopefully the hardware wizard will pick it up. Do you have the original driver that came with it? I'd use that. Or the driver that you used that only gave you some of the functions.

If it works, but you still aren't getting full use out of it, I'd contact the web site of the manufacturer and ask some questions about possible settings you could change that would make all the bells and whistles available.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back