Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete remote directory numbers on version 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchMark

Programmer
Jul 25, 2006
NL
I have a small problem, because I haven't read the manual properly.
I have 2 Mitel MXe controllers whit version 4.1 whit data sharing
We did a upgrade from version 9 to 4.0 and migrated the database, and to version 4.1
But in the database there were some old references to other cluster elements. Those elements are not in use at this moment.
But the problem is that I want to use the old directory numbers on those 2 MXe controllers.
If I add a number a get a system warning that this number is already in use.
So if I look in the remote directory numbers form I see that those numbers are in use, and the refer to the old CEID.
Is there any possible way to remove those numbers and the cluster elements???
A other Mitel tech told me to restore the 4.0 database, delete the CEID’s and to do a new migration, but the problem is there are too many changes made after the upgrade to 4.1

Thank you, Mark.

No way I know of to delete remote directory numbers in 4.1

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Hi guys,

I think I did it.
I logged in on the telnet interface, deleted the cluster element.
After that it was possible to delete remote dir numbers on the telnet interface.
After a commit there where gone in the EMS. I programmed a new user in the EMS interface and the number was ready to use.

I will try it soon on the live environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back