Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete redundant Query subjects 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vani65

Programmer
May 19, 2003
AU
Hi All,
Can I delete some Query subjects which are redundant? I’m bit scared because of those query subjects are in the currently published package on which we developed some reports. Even though they are in current package I’m sure we have not used any of those (objects) in our reports.
What I’m thinking is:
Once I delete those redundant Query subjects, I have to republish package – it won’t make any harm to my reports to run.
Could any one tell me whether I’m doing correctly or not?
Waiting for response.

Make a second package and make sure to unselect the specific query subjects in the package definition. Now publish this as a seperate package (different name)
Test your existing reports by switching the reportpackage from within report studio to the new package.
Verify the reports. Should be a safe strategy..

Ties Blom

Hi Ties,
That sounds safe to me. Once published a new package with different name, how to switching existing report to Newly Created package.
It may be silly question -- for me every thing is New in Cognos.

vani

File --> ReportPackage

Or something similar (I'm working with a Dutch version)

Ties Blom

Excellent advice from Ties. In ReportNet the option is File/Model Connection.
If you happen to have a single layer model (no business layer, i.e. the query subjects you are concerned with would be used directly by reports) you can also use the Find Report Dependencies option in the FM Tasks pane to see if they are in use.

Thanks Ties -- a STAR for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back