Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

BF

Programmer
Feb 13, 2000
CA
Visit site
I have a form based on a query. The query is based on two tables in a one to many relationship. I added some code to the &quot;On Delete&quot; event that looks up some criteria in the query and if it meets the criteria it allows a delete of the current record. My problem is when I go back to the form it deleted the record but did not advance the record. I just show the word &quot;deleted&quot; in each control. I'm struggling on how to move the record forward with code. <br>
<br>
Thanks <p>BF<br><a href=mailto:g43@tc3net.com>g43@tc3net.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Normally you would execute a MoveNext/Move Previous after a Delete. Is this not possible, or am I not understanding your situation?<br>
<br>
Larry Woods

If your form contains a list box you can issue a DoCmd.Requery &quot;Listbox_name&quot;. You can also requery the Listbox_name directly by using Listbox_name.requery.<br>
<br>
e.g. Forms!Employees!EmployeeList.requery<br>
either of these can be added after the recored has been deleted.

The Form uses a query for its Recordset. I'm using code in the &quot;On Click&quot; event that opens another dynaset off the same query. How do I keep the form records and this new Recordset in sync when I cycle through the new query. <p>BF<br><a href=mailto:g43@tc3net.com>g43@tc3net.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back