Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete multiple messages in call pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

echolette

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2005
Is there a way to erase all messages in a voicemail box, other than deleting the mailbox itself from the system?

Someone, or something, kept calling our main number yesterday all day. Very weird...it was always a recorded message talking. it was either saying that the person we were trying to reach is unavailable (as if we were the ones calling) or it would play our own auto-attendant message. I called the numbers that were showing up on call display, one wasn't working, the other said the number i was trying to call could not accept call as if it was a pay phone.

anyway, the receptionist kept answering all day obviously. I called our phone company, they are looking into it (of course...) but this kept going on during the night. This morning, there are over 500 messages in the voicemail.

I would like to empty the voicemail without having to reconfigure it if possible.

thanks!

Other than deleting the mailbox to delete all message in one step, the other would be to use Callpilot desktop messaging where you can delete at least 40 - 50 at a time.

Sorry just one at a time or delete the box and build a new one

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

thanks for the quick replies guys.

not the answer i was hoping for though =)
I'll look into desktop messaging.

thanks again!

if you are going to delete a mailbox make sure you purge
it on change the password and delete all messages before you delete the mailbox failing to do so will leave all the messages on the hard drive taken up disk space.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back