Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete Leave Word Calling Messages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeSnyder

Technical User
Dec 15, 2005
US
Hi guys,
I'm still fighting this one. I'm trying to delete LWC messages on two extensions. The switch is a G3, so the clear MWC all xxx command doesn't work. I'm new to the system, so it's taking time to pour through the manuals. Any suggestions?

Mike Snyder

Try clear AMW all xxxx.

That might work a little better.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

I believe the command you are looking for is "Clear AMW all", not "Clear MWC all".

You guys are right about the command; I had written it down wrong. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem; it doesn't work on a G3 system. It says AMW isn't a valid entry. When I type in clear, the only option I get is measurements. So I'm taking No-Dose and looking through the manuals.

What release G3 is it? what level of user rights do you have?

Place a coverage message retrieval button your phone. Please your extension on the system parameters page look for Stations with System-wide Retrieval Permission (enter extension) Also place a Delete message button on your phone as well. Make sure that you have a next button. Follow the steps below:

1. Press coverage message retrieval button
2. Enter extension with stuck light
3. Press next
4. Press Delete message.

Light goes out.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Ed has you going in the right direction. You are not going to be able to use the clear AMW all xxxx command because you do not have the MSP's turned on for your switch at at least the login you are using.

Happy holidays

Mikey

To Ed(1A22ip) & mikeydidit,

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, placing the extension on System Wide Retrieval did not work. I'm still stuck with the LWC message.

Mikey, I'm curious about your statement: "...you do not have the MSPs turned on...". What are MSPs? Remember, I'm new. Thanks for your patience.

Mike Snyder

Mike,

Go to the system feature access codes and find out which code turns off LWC. Go to the extension and enter the code. That should turn off the light. If that doesnt work enter the code again followed by the extension. Hope that helps you out.

Concerning the MSP. You have to pay Avaya a monthly maintenance charge so that your login id has the permission to use certain commands. This applies even if you decide that you do not want Avaya support. If you are using a vendor to support your switch they can do this as long as they have an agreement with Avaya. I have been fighting this ghost for the past year.

Hope this helps.

Prflash

Mike,

FYI if you go to thread 690-1160704 it will further clarify the MSP question you have.

Good Luck

Prflash

As far as I know, MSP is a one time charge. I paid one time. We do not pay a monthly fee for these permissions. If we were to drop maintenance with Avaya, they would catch up in about 6 months or so and turn them off.

Did you place YOUR extension on the System-wide Retrieval Permission section? Not the extension with the light. All buttons go on your set as well. The extension with the light is referenced in step 2.

As for MSP's I have a switch that the MSP's were not turned on yet and the list trace tac works. I believe the version of software is what is holding you back.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Everyone,

Thanks for the input on MSPs. Regarding my LWC problem, the feature access codes for deleting LWC messages, *54 and *54, ext.# did not clear the LWC message; yes I tried it at the extension itself.

Note to Ed, 1a22ip, I tried the steps you mentioned from an extension in our phone room that has System Wide Retrieval Permission already set up and it didn't work.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike Snyder

OK officially stumped. Recreated problem locally and cleared light both ways. When you press Cover Message Ret. The display states Whose Messages? (dial extension number) I then dial the extension with the stuck light. Display then reads Messages for "extension name" I then press the next button. The display then displays the set name that sent the message then date then time then extension number. I then press del message button Light goes out and display reads deleted.

The next suggestion is call Avaya.

Sorry I couldn't help
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Ed and everyone who responded,

It finally worked. 1a22ip's most recent note highlighted a step I'd missed; I'd thought the message sender name was a regular voice mail and skipped it. Operator error on my part. Thanks much for the help and patience.

Mike Snyder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back