Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete in Outlook and have it deleted in Handheld as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

scon44

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
Hi,

I use exchange and the blackberry ent server. I use the blackberry but don't synch it on the desktop (I don't have the option in the intellisync program checked off to reconcile the email). I would like to setup the Blackberry so that when I delete an item in Outlook that it will also delete it in the Blackberry.

How do I go about doing that? What I would like to happen is to clean up my email in Microsoft Outlook and then if I delete anything in Outlook that is deletes from the Blackberry as well.

I know that I can delete email from the Blackberry and with wireless reconcile turned on it will delete from outlook but I'm looking to do it the opposite direction.

Is it simply a matter of connecting the handheld and then reconciling the email? (and if so what options should I have selected?) Is there a way to do it without conneting to the desktop?

Thanks for your help!

You need to change your settings for wireless reconciliation to delete on handheld and desktop. I'm guessing it is only set to handheld only at the moment. If you don't have wireless reconcile running then it would only work when you sync using the desktop manager software (assuming you have it set to sync deletions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back