Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete datasources in History folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellet

Programmer
Dec 16, 2004
US
Does anyone know if there is a way to delete (or at least rename) a datasource listed in the History folder of the "Set Datasource Location" window? I'm wondering if a reinstall is the only option to get the list cleared?

Thanks!
Elle

After poking around in the registry (Win 2000 Server / CR 10), I found something that pointed me to "\My Documents\History\DataSource0.xml" (I also had DataSource1-5.xml - one for each entry under 'History'). I deleted them, and no longer had anything under History. It looks like you could try editing one of these as well, but when I tried it, it just didn't show up at all anymore.

You might want to be careful if you try this, as I have no idea what other ramifications there may be, and I've been known to be a bit reckless.

-dave

Thanks! I'm all for being a bit reckless. :) I'll try it on a test box first.

~Elle

Dave, sorry it's been so long. I wanted to let you know that we actually needed to upgrade Crystal Reports, so the History folder was cleared out by that process.

Thanks for your help, though!!

~Elle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back