Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete Cache Daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

andresvc

Programmer
Jan 28, 2003
MX
Anybody knows How can delete daily the cache of the project with the schedule????

Regards.

Why do it w/ a schedule?

Just set the cache to expire every 24 hours.

The problem is that the information change every day.

For example a user runs a report at 7:00 P.M. and the information change at 8:00 P.M. and the system present wrong information at 9:00 P.M.

Do you have another option for this??

In 7.2.2, there is the ability to schedule administrative tasks. One of these is "delete caches". You tie this task to a schedule of your choice.

Administration>>Schedule>>Schedule administration tasks

I have the version 7.2.0 of Microstrategy and I can see this option but I try to use it and not runs.

You can tell me why?

You need to re-start the Intelligence Server after you add the schedule.

Hi,
note you can clear caches via this method (administrative tasks) in all 7i products (7.2.x), but it will NOT clear the history until via a schedule until 7.2.2. The only way is to use the server schedule (WinAT, AT, Schedule etc) to delete the directory, and stop/start the ISvrs.

Cheers,
Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back