Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete all the voicemails at once and also redirecting voicemails to e-mails and not the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyphones

Technical User
Jan 14, 2014
CA
Hi,

We have Avaya ip office and Avaya 9641 G i.p. phones.

I want to delete so many "unheard voice mails" at once on few of the phones. Is there a short cut to delete all the voice-mails at once?

Moreover, few of the users want the voice-mails to go directly to their e-mail inbox as a message but "not save" on their I.P. Phones?

How can i do these two things?

Thanks

What type of voicemail.

If voiceemail pro the clear the mailbox in the client

Set up smpt on your system with an email account.
Forward email on voicemail tab at user and enter email address

i meant the regular voicemail on the phone. there are about 400 unheard voicemails on the phone. how can i delete them all?

What type of voicemail?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Again what type of voicemail?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Maybe it's one of the good old answering machines?

Legacy, you need to tell us what kind of voicemail system you have.
Use Manager, look in System>Voicemail.
What is the current setting of voicemail type?

(...And IP phones do not store voicemails locally, periode!)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

we have avaya i.p. office r7 manager. The phones are Avaya IP 9641G. The voicemail type under IP Office system is "Voicemail lite/pro".

To delete any voice-mails, we have to listen to each voice mail and delete on the i.p. phone. Is there any way I can delete all the stored / unheard voice-mails at once?

i hope you guys got my query?

Snowman has already given you the answer above

ACSS-SME,ACSS Avaya Aura Session Manager and System Manager,ACSS Avaya Scopia Solution,ACSS Avaya one-X UC Soft Clients,ACSS Avaya Session Border Controller, ACSS Avaya Aura Messaging,
ACSS Avaya Aura Call Center Elite, ACSS Avaya Aura CM and CM Messaging,ACIS Avaya Aura CM and CM Messaging, ACIS SME, ACIS Avaya CM 5.2.1

ok, then please let me know how to delete from the i.p. office as the voicemails are not stored locally!

how to clear the voicemail for the client in the voicemail pro as per snowman?

through the voicemail pro client, right mouse on user then hit clear mailbox, I assume you have access to the client?

ACSS-SME,ACSS Avaya Aura Session Manager and System Manager,ACSS Avaya Scopia Solution,ACSS Avaya one-X UC Soft Clients,ACSS Avaya Session Border Controller, ACSS Avaya Aura Messaging,
ACSS Avaya Aura Call Center Elite, ACSS Avaya Aura CM and CM Messaging,ACIS Avaya Aura CM and CM Messaging, ACIS SME, ACIS Avaya CM 5.2.1

Ok I won't assume lol

Or rename the user slightly, then have them record their greeting again....done :)

If you ask these kind of question u think you better do nothing yourself and call your business partner.
I really think you have no clue what this is all about.
That is ok but you are able to break more then you will fix.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back