Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delegation of Control 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kochg

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2002
BE
Hi all,

This is not so easy as it seems: how can I delegate control to a group over an OU with users so the ONLY thing they can do is disable a user account?

Thanks in advance,

G

this is complicated and too lengthy to write it all but I will start you off: else I will have to email you my notes

use an MMC add the users and computers snap in

this will give you the AD etc etc

right click on the OU for delegation
select "new window from here"
right click on OU
ACTION
NEW TASKPAD view
next a few times (leave defaults as they are)
then onto "start new task wizard"
it is here that you will select your buttons (ie the disable)
once done the last part is to remove toolbars, menus and other window panes and setting it to user mode showing a basic interface (user mode stops the user putting the menus and toolbars back in)
you save this as a console file and then deliver it to the delegate you want to (making sure you have given them delegation rights for the OU in question)

Sorry I cannot go into more detail but let me know if you need more...

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't really understand what you mean with the ACTION NEW TASKPAD command. If I am in the new window, I do not have such an option. If you would be so kind to email your procedure to geertkoch@yahoo.com, I'll try to follow that.

Thanks again,

G

I have emailed you instructions on how to set up a customised MMC

to delegate
goto OU in question
right click it and selection delegate etc

Ok, thanks a lot!

Your information was most usefull!

Regards,

G

mind sending me a copy of that please?
q123we@hotmail.com