Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delegation Of Control of a OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ado007

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
GB
Dear All

Please can someone help!!!!

I have delegated control of a OU to a group of users. As there wanted to manage a group of external contacts & some mail group that there need to be part of. But after I have delegated the control I found that there can create the contacts & groups & add the contacts to the groups but their cant mail enable the contacts. There don’t get the exchange tasks option at all.

Can anyone help me sort this one out???

Thanks

Adrian

Do you have the exchange MMC Snapin installed on their PC - inorder to view/change any of the exxchange settings they need to have the exchange system manager

Thanks for that I will try it & let you know. Just one thing, where can you install the MMC Snap in from?

Thanks

Adrian

You have to install exchange2k in client mode on the pc's you wan't to administrate exchange objects.

Ok, I will try that & let you know. Thanks for your quick reply.

Thanks

Adrian

I cant find my Exchange 2k CD. Is there a DDL I can get of the exchange 2k server that I can register on my machine, so I can get the Exchange Manager snap in?

Thanks

Adrian

No, I don't think there exists a Direct download for what you need. If you're volume licenser, you can download it from the M$ subscriebr site (i think).
Otherwise, yuo have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back