Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delegated mailbox--operation failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lds4me

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2001
US
Here's one that I haven't been able to find a solution for, hope you guys can help.

I have a client who has delegated a company mailbox for a group of individuals. The company mailbox works fine on all other clients delegated to open it, except one. This one user is unable to access the comapany mailbox and receives error: "Unable to display folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The operation failed."
Running Office XP/ Exchange 5.5/NT4.0

From the pc I have logged in with the admins account and can access the shared box--no problem. Give the guy admin priveleges (for a test) same error when trying to access the company mailbox. Any suggestions? I'm considering creating another username on the server to test out after delegating rights to it, but would be very open to anyone else's suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Bill

"lds4me@hotmail.com"

This happens to me occasionally too. It has always been a permissions issue.

Guy has problems accessing shared.

Check shared box in Ex Admin. Permissions should say send as (or as applicable). Ensure send on behalf of is blank cos it conflicts with other settings.

Then go to shared mailbox in outlook. right click mailbox properties. Ensure Guy gets permissions to top level mailbox. Then ensure he gets perms to lower level folder.

Assuming you have done this in this order it should work. Please report back success or failure.

Worked well. Remove the send by option in exadmin. Delegate the mailbox, then assign the Permissions under the mailbox options. Thanks Z.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back