Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delays in event trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterve

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2000
NL
Hi,

How can I set a delay on the node down event in NNM
For example :
I want to set an action when a node goes down, but only when it is down 45 seconds instead of immediately

Thanks

Peter Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

i don't believe you can set a delay for nnm registering an ov_node_down event... ov_node_down is not configurable, like the threshold events (which you can configure only to alert after the condition is registered for a specified period of time). you could configure your additional actions to wait a certain period of time before launching... but this would serve little purpose because ov_node_down is still registered in the event viewer immediately, and the additional actions would merely pause a bit before launching (they would not be canceled if the node went up before they launch).

hope this helps!

I found it,
I set the polling to 45 seconds, in most cases this causes a delay to get notified when a node goes down

THanks

Peter Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back