Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delayed ring for CID

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertinn

Vendor
Nov 28, 2010
US
I noticed an NEC key system that would allow a call to be delayed about 1 ring before it presented itself to be answered on a button so as to capture the CID information at all time keeping the sets user from accidently answering before the CID was delivered.

Is there any way for the BCM to do that using POTS lines?

Not that I'm aware of unless the calls are front ended with an auto attendant.

desertinn, have the auto attendant answer then a selection to ring the sets from the CCR tree. Also this maybe a little cost prohibitive but you can have the call center answer then present the calls to agents. This should provide caller ID to the sets, I would also investigate the way your sets are programmed with regards to CLID settings. BRI or PRI will provide immediate CLID too!

You could use "DRT to Prime".
Don't assign the line to the phone, make the phone the prime set for the line and set your DRT delay to 2.
It will ring twice in the system before arriving at the set.

-SD-

But wont it say DRT instead of the CID name? Also if AA is not installed or the customer does not want AA to answer then we still have the problem.

It's the nature of Analog Trunks.
CLID is transmitted between the first and second ring cycles, so you need a delay of about 9 seconds before the call hits the phone.
There is no delay answer setting, except in the Call Center application.
Only other option is to tell the users not to answer until the 2nd ring.

-SD-

This would be a pretty good suggestion to make for the key system. THe option could be called CID-DRT ( Caller ID Delayed RIng Transfer ) and would be programmed by number of seconds i.e. CID-DRT=09.

This could show the lin indicator flashing but would delay the actual RINGER from ringing until the number of seconds passed or it could be programmed to LOCK the line from access until the number of sceonds passed. This would allwo the customer who MUST have CID info logged to make sure their employees do not answer to soon.

What do you think? Are there any more BCM updates on teh way? SHould I send this suggestion to AVAYA?

Not a bad suggestion, but after a practical market study the results may not be feasable to develop the patch.

Another interesting way to program it would be that the instant the CID info was delivered to the switch the line would start to ring. With some telcos whatn I have monitored the line the CID data comes in a little faster with some and a little slower with others.

This way once the switch is satisfied that it has the name and number data it would allow the line indicator to start ringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back