Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delayed Paging thru Voicemail Pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arausch

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
We were running into a problem when the receptionist paged IP and digital phones at the same time (dialdirect to a hunt group). About one in 5 or 6 times it would cause the system to reboot. As a temporary work-around, I've setup a module on the voicemail system to record a .wav file and first broadcast it to our digital phones, then to our IP phones. Sort of like at airports, where they record a page and it doesn't play until after they hang up. Hopefully this will help someone.

Here's what I did:

On Voicemail Pro I created a new module called DelayedPageAll.

Then added an 'Edit Play List' action. Token named it 'Record Page All', and set the Specific tab to PageAll.wav

Then created a 'Post Dial' action token named 'Play Page Digital'. Set the specific tab to 'Post Wav File' set the wav file to PageAll.wav and set the extension to PAGE:1551 (our digital hunt group).

Then created another 'Post Dial' action named 'Play Page IP'. Same specifics but also checked the 'Delete WAV file after completion' checkbox, and set the extension to PAGE:1552 (our IP hunt group).

Now when the receptionist hits her 'Page' button (*80) it gives her a voice menu....Press 1 to listen to message, Press 2 to record message, Press 3 to save message. When she hits 3 to save message it replies "Message Transferred" and about a second later it broadcasts it to our hunt groups. Not quite as quick as directdialing the hunt groups, but much better than having the phone system reboot in the middle of the workday.

-Andrew

Hey Andrew Im going to try this because we have a customer that if a user attempts to page but stops the page and hangs up before the 5400 phones turn on , the 5400 phones will freak out and go off hook and on hook for a minute. Hope it works.

To Us and Those Like Us, Damn Few Left

Our 5400 phones "will freak out" just like you stated. I'm glad someonelse is having this problem and I am not alone.

Hope it works out for you. One thing we've noticed is that if the receptionist hangs up before it says "Message Transferred" it never pages. In our case she has to wait for it to say it twice because it pages two different groups. It only takes 1/2 a second or so, but if she hangs up immediately after hitting 3 the page won't work.

Good luck,
Andrew

Try asdding an entry prompt as a reminder to wait for the message to play after recording the page.
Also, I have used the post wave function, but use a next path, and I do not have this issue. Might try a next to a dissconnect action, it may give the VMPRO time to complete transfering message before before dissconnecting.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

What release is this, as the problem may be fixed in a later release...

Kris G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back