Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delayed incoming call

dellphone

Technical User
Oct 29, 2017
US
Hi all.

Wasn't there a way to have delayed ringing on a incoming call on a particular line?? I seemed to recall something to do with hung groups and maybe involving call forward if busy or no answer...
Or if any one knows a trick.

Thanks

you can achieve delayed ringing on an incoming call using hunt groups and call forwarding settings. Here’s a method you can try

- Create a Hunt Group:
Set up a hunt group with the desired extensions.
Configure the hunt group to use a sequential or rotary distribution mode.
Set the hunt delay to the desired number of rings before moving to the next extension.

- Call Forwarding Settings:
For each extension in the hunt group, set up call forwarding for busy and no answer conditions.
Use the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) and Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings to forward calls to the next extension or to a voicemail if the extension is busy or not answered within a specified time.

- Overflow Settings:
Configure the hunt group’s overflow settings to handle calls when all members are busy or do not answer.
Set the overflow destination to another hunt group, extension, or voicemail.
This setup allows you to control the flow of incoming calls and introduce a delay before the call is forwarded to the next extension or destination.

There is also DRT meant for this, Delayed Ring Transfer
Enable it and set the ring count.

Depending on your setup depends on the method that works best.
Why do you need a delayed ring?
Describe the call flow you want in detail.

Note that Hunt Group calls are ignored by a sets Call Forward/Busy settings.

Thanks,

I have two incoming lines, they are VOIP POTs that come from a analog phone adapter. The service that I am using has two lines built in so when you dial my number both lines ring at the same time. No way of having a delayed ring on the VOIP side as I asked the service provider.

So what I am looking to do is to have my second line to have delayed ringing on the BCM system so it would not ring at the same time as the first line. Other reason is that I have my 1A2 Key system behind the the BCM...

I would then try and use the DRT method and possibly "other".

Under "Lines"
-Make sure the line is not assigned to ring anywhere
-Set your Prime Set DN such as a phone or HG

Under System Programming/FeatureSettings
-Set DRT to Y and then set the Ring Delay to X

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back