Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delayed email sending/timestamp in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimline9

Technical User
Feb 10, 2001
US
Anyone have a script or other technique to delay the actual sending of an email message until a later time (or date)? I'm aware of the "don't send until" option when sending email but this option sends the email with the timestamp from when it was put in the email spool - not from when the email is actually sent. I want to delay the sending and then timestamp the email with the delayed time - not the actual time that it was sent...Scott

I am also looking for the same thing. No matter what I do, no matter what date or time is identified for delivery, my email goes out immediately. I'd like to queue messages for transmittal on dates/times that I identify.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

cg Mahalo,
cg

The "don't sent until" option is really just when you are using Outlook with an Exchange server. The message waits in a queue on the Exchange server. I always thought that Microsoft should have grayed out the option if the installation was for IMO rather that CW. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Interesting inforamation joegz. Thanks for that tip. Mahalo,
cg

We have Outlook set up with an Exchange Server (5.5) and are still experiencing problems with the "don't send until" feature. Any ideas why this suddenly stopped working? It used to work just fine until we added a new server and moved all of the mail flow and storage to the new server.

Yes, I would also like to know how to delay messages being sent. Before we connected to Exchange Server 2000 we could keep messages in the outbox, now they go straight away.

Please someone advise how to delay sending of messgaes when connecting Outlook to Exchange server, thanks

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back