Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay when dialing with AUTH CODES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsox1975

Vendor
Jan 14, 2008
US
CS1000M 5.5 software, just started having a problem with a 15-20 second delay when using a Auth Code for long distance calls.

I have masked the problem by disabling Loop 51 and 99, they are associated with route 17, which is where the problem lies. I have traced several calls and they instantly hit route 17, they pause for the mentioned time and then roll on to route 18 and the call goes through.

I'm stumped now, any ideas would be appreciated??

It sounds to me like the channels in Route 17 could be high and dry or not seizing somehow. So it tries them, then gives up and moves to the next entry in the Route List. What happens if you enable Loop 51/99 and dial the Route Access Code - do you connect to a trunk?

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

When loop 51 and 99 are enabled and I dial the ACOD it gives me a fast busy.

Well, that could be because your TGAR and the TARG of the route are the same. Maybe you already know that. If not, make your phone TGAR 0 and CLS UNR - you should be totally unrestricted if you're the phone wiz.

I think you have to LD 60 .STAT those loops - they might just be out of service.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

I dialed from a phone that was set as UNR in the COS.

The loops are out of service now because I disabled them in LD 60, so traffic won't flow down route 17 and cause my delay.

You have your ISET set in the RLI or did you leave it default, if 2 entries, it needs to be 2.

Mato' Was'aka

Your problem is going to be with those 2 T1s - forget the speed call connection.

Maybe since these affect traffic you should work on after hours.
1 - Enable T1s
2 - Stat t1s - what is channel status, what is alarm status?
3a - if ISDN route and idle - enable DCH messaging and make a call.
3b - if non-ISDN and idle, login to maint set and try to seize a channel - with a phone CLS=MTA, dial spree + 91, dial 53#36## (for LD 36) (watch maint terminal) dial 875#51#1## (TRK 51 1)(this should seize or try to seize channel 1 of loop 51) Maint terminal should show DN and if telco returns dialtone you should hear dialtone. Now dial a number.

let us know what you get on any and all of those steps. You may need to open a ticket with Telco provider depending on what you see - if in alarm Yellow or Red or if errors out when dialing (think you get a trk007 when failure to seize trunk)Telco may have channels "service disabled"

and check the lcnt tables on them. are then in a stand alone route? someone play with the timers in the rdb? your auth codes are internal?

unr does not help with acod.. acod just looks at tgar/targ matches.. digits past acod are nfrl defined in ld 49.

sounds like you and the far end are not matched on those loops.. switch tries each channel while you wait. since the problem does not dsch, it is soft.. post one trunk

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back