Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay in receiving external email

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnhigh

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2006
US
I have been noticing lately that at least once a week, I get calls from my users complaining about them not receiving external email and/or a deplay in receiving external email. I have checked the mx record and it is correct, Where else can I check, and what could the problem be? My users states that it comes from a variety of sources, yahoo.com, aol.com hotmail.com and the such. I ran a dnsreport on my domain and I receive the following fails/warns. Could this have something to do with it?

Open DNS servers-fail
Missing (stealth) nameservers-fail
Missing nameservers 2-fail
Nameservers on separate class C's--warn
Single Point of Failure--warn
Stealth NS record leakage-fail
SOA MNAME Check--warn
SOA EXPIRE value--warn
SPF record--warn

The users dont receive a delievery report, the email never gets deliveried, in my case I sent a yahoo email to myself yesterday morning and have yet to receive. I forgot to mention we dont host our DNS, it is hosted by a third party

thanks

looks like the sender can't find your smtp(exchange server) this must have due to DNS. Check this with your ISP. If the sender can't find the exchange server, all e-mail will be lost in the space. You should also check your delivery queue on your Exchangeserver......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back