Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay delivery of report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentesh

Technical User
Jan 10, 2012
IE
Hi all

I have been doing a bit of searching to no avail. I have a report set up that takes a snapshot at a point in time. The time I need the snapshot is 23:59. This report then needs to be emailed to a distribution list.

My objective is to delay the delivery of this report until 7am the following morning. At the moment I have it set to download to a network location and then a separate script to email it on.

For a couple of reasons I want to tidy this up but I wonder does anyone know whether it is possible to do as I have outlined.

Thanks for your time.

pentesh.

There is no way to do this within BusinessObjects itself. Your solution of exporting to file and then emailing that file via a script outside of BO is the only way to accomplish this using your current process.

Another possible way you could go about this would be to schedule a stored proc in the database to run the report's query at 23:59 and save the data to another "reporting" table. You would then have the report run against that saved data at the time that you want to deliver the report.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks for that. Suspected that may be the case.

Thanks again for the reply.

pentesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back