Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay between ACD and IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgaskins

Programmer
Jul 24, 2002
US
We've recognized a consistent 3-5 second delay between the ACD and the IVR. I'm trying to understand where the delay is coming from and how we can shorten it. Any ideas? thanks!

Aspect standard to connect to a voice port is up to 4 seconds. Nature of the beast.

The delay may well be a fact of life as McGruff mentioned (I've found that common among several ACDs), but you can do some checking to at least see where the delay is.

If I were researching this, I'd probably start with the time stamps on each device to see exactly when a call went from one to the other. That way you'd at least have an idea where the lag is and if it's just the waiting for a voice port or not.

Although - I would ask the obvious question of which IVR you are connecting to. It's easy to assume DPNSS and Contact Server but might not be....

Right now we are connected via Application Bridge to a Nortel Periphonics VPS IVR. We have two trunk groups of 96 trunks each. If the first 96 trunks are busy we then roll to the second set of 96. We will be moving to the contact server, softel api connectivity in Q2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back