Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay before Long Distance Acounting Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

udaphoneman

Technical User
Dec 24, 2002
US
We need to punch in a three digit accounting code when we make long distance calls. There is about a three second delay before the first digit is accepted. Is there a system setting that I can change to shorten this delay.

Is the account code done by the PBX or by your long distance carrier? You could try dialling # at the end of the number and see if that speeds thigns up.

It is done by the long distance carrier. I only get the delay on calls made through the PBX system. I have some phones that don't go through the PBX. Calls made on these lines have no delay before the first digit is accepted.

The delay is the time between when you finish dialling and the PBX decides you're done dialling. At that time the call is sent out to the carrier. Dialling 9-1NPANXXXXXX# should make the tone happen a little faster, but I'm not aware of any way to elminate that delay completely. The PBX has to take some time to decide that you're done dialling, analyze the digits, and decide which way to send the call. The # sign tells the PBX to stop waiting and go ahead and decide which way to send the call.

Just press # sign after entering the account code to indicate that you already finish enetring the digits you want to dialed. The delay is cause by the number of digits you define on your ars table specially the max digits to dialed. The maximum number of digits define on your ars table might be longer that the digits you are dialing. Thanks.

I'm sorry. Press the # sign after dialing the digits you want then the account code.

Sorry, I must be explaining my problem incorectly. This is what is happening:

I dial 9-1-XXX-XXX-XXXX.( any long distance call )

I hear a tone from the PBX.

I dial the first digit of the three digit access code.

The digit is not recognized until the tone stops in about 3 seconds.

(# sign is not doing a thing for me at any time)

Did you see any trunk identifications appeared that you have just created in your PABX in any of your phones that has a display? If not this means that there is a problem on your min max field in your ars analysis. Try to disconnect the trunk you are using in the PABX and connect it to ana log phone and try dialing the digits you want to access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back