Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Defunct Drive 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLHobby1

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
Hello,
I ran into a problem when my three year old pulled my primary drive from my netfinity 5500. There is a raid 1 in place and the mirrored drive is fine. The was no physical damage implemented to the defunct drive (as far as I know). So now I need to bring the drive back into the system. I went to the mini config and readied the drives but the defuct drive won't come back online. How do I go about fixing this problem?????

jl

Boot the machine to the OS. Once the OS is fully loaded remove the drive that is Defunct for 1 minute then push it back in, it should start a rebuild.

If it does not then you will need to get servraid manager and install it in the OS then set the drive to rebuild.

I booted the machine and removed the drive, which did not work so I downloaded the raidmngr and installed. Worked great and fixed the problem...... Thanks alot ibmtech65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back