Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Version 9r error /alarm codes 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo2112

MIS
Jan 30, 2005
US
Hello All,

I have been looking to download the maintenance commands on how to clear error and alarms. At my old job I would refer to this document to translate what the error type meant and how to clear it or do associated tests. I have search the Avaya website and even entered the codes into goggle hoping to find something.

I am new to this company and would like to clear some of the errors before they become a problem.

And before you ask... no there are NO books on site.... they disapperaed before I started.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find this. I have contacted my Avaya Sales Mgr. He claims since I will be upgrading to a Media Gateway 8700 I will get the new version then.

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks!

Ill take a look around this document and let you know if it helped!!

I am busy with building an easy to use website for clearing alarms, events and errors
At this moment i have done all the maintenance objects and events codes.
My second project on this site will be the error list for all the objects.
Just give it a try and let me know what you think about this, cause i can imagine that for other people the site is not order logically or someting like that.
All input is welcome.

Greets, Bob

You will always have errors in your pbx, but whether they are service affecting or not is usually indicated by having alarms at the same time. Many errors indicate that a phone has been disconnected from a line or the central office is not responding in the 'normal' amount of time. Errors to worry about are timing slips on T-1 s.

Thought it was an offical site until I got to moving around in it and realzied it was way too fast for an Avaya site. LOL Looks really nice bobfox. I will play around in it a little more and tell you what I think.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

bobfox
Just be careful using that logo and emulating Avaya's web site look and feel. If people like mikeydidit can mistakenly believe that it's an official Avaya site (especially since you are using look-and-feel plus logos in association with support), you might hear from their lawyers.

Hope your site pans out, though. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but then I remembered I'm lazy :)

Click below for S8700 Media Server information

mikeydidit - thanks for the document... it wasn't the one I was looking for but it was helpful

orypecos - I know there will always be errors. It was the non digital or analog errors I was looking to test and solve.

01C2010 ISDN-TRK 020/010 3841 0 02/07/09:08

for example if the error type is 3841... it would tell me what it meant and what steps to take to clear it.

BobFox - it looks like a great site in the workings... I thought it was an Avaya site at 1st. I was almost afraid to reg. once I found out it wasn't!!

Thank-you all for your help!! if you come across that document... please let me know!!

You can try the all purpose method first: "Test Alarms long clear auto" if it can be cleared, this will do it, otherwise you have to dig deeper.

Can't seem to get to those links mikey Posted...
Any others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back