Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity ver 8.1--holiday routing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefred

Technical User
Sep 2, 2002
US
With Thanksgiving coming and just starting in a new position administering a definity g3I ver 8.1, I am trying to set up holiday routing for all incoming call center calls. I know there is a way to route all inbound calls for a time period to an announcement with a disconnect but not sure HOW. I went into system-features and "vectoring Holidays" is not enabled---(this was a suggestion I found here on Tek-Tips when searching Holiday Routing)

Any suggestions would be very helpfull

Thanks

In order to use Holiday routing you need to have the following:
* The Definity release must be release 9.1 or greater
* In the customer options form Vectoring (Basic) or Attendant Vectoring needs to be set to y
* In the customer options form Vectoring (Holiday) needs to be set to y

If all of that is on then setup the holiday vector table with the holiday to check for. Next, add goto <vector/step #> if holiday in table <table #> to the vector in question. Finally, point the goto entry to the announcement or choices you want the caller to hear. An example is below:

change holiday-table 1 page 1 of 1

HOLIDAY TABLE

Number: 1 Name: Bank Holidays

START END

Month Day Hour Min Month Day Hour Min Description

12 24 12 31 Christmas

01 01 00 00 01 01 10 00 New Year’s Day

11 27 Thanksgiving Day Only

The Christmas entry covers 12/24 00:00 - 12/31 11:59 and the Thanksgiving Day Only entry covers 24 hrs, 11/27 00:00 - 11/27 11:59.

change vector 3 Page 1 of 3

CALL VECTOR

Number: 3 Name: In Ireland

Multimedia? n Attendant Vectoring? n Meet-me Conf? n Lock? y

Basic? y EAS? n G3V4 Enhanced? n ANI/II-Digits? n ASAI Routing? n

Prompting? y LAI? n G3V4 Adv Route? n CINFO? n BSR? n Holidays? y

01 goto step 4 if holiday in table 1

02 route-to number 45678 with cov n if unconditionally

03 stop

04 announcement 2721

This vector says if today is one of the holiday dates mentioned in the holiday table, then goto announcement 2721. Otherwise send the caller to 45678. Note that the goto entry could also point to another vector.

HTH

-TJ

I don't have the above release but I have a Split that when it is loged into It's a Holiday. The supervisor who closes the shop for the holiday logs into the holiday split that tells callers that it is a holiday and so forth. The supervisor that opens the shop logs out of this split and processing continues.

Hope this helps
Ed

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Thanks for the input----After looking closer--I find I do have release 10, but can not figure out how to change the vectoring(holiday) to &quot;Y&quot; as it does not give me the option----anyone got any ideas?

You can't change customer options. You have to pay to get them turned on. That's why Avaya are rolling in it!

Or you could ask your supplier for an early Christmas present!

Happy Thanksgiving [turkey]

Ronster

hi Ronster,

How did you manage to get the chicken in there?

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

I got the &quot;chicken&quot;[chicken] same way you got your &quot;afro&quot;[afro]

Except it's a &quot;turkey&quot; [turkey] you turkey!

Ronster

1a22ip - thanks for the feedback, I was just about to post the same question and tada there it was already answered and all, you guys rock!

For the rest of you, it pays to search for your issue first BEFORE you post!

TH - Avaya/Octel/CMS SuperVisor Admin

Excellent information TJStar!

Let me begin by stating that I have no experience with setting up or using vectors. They are enabled on our system, but we've never used them.

Okay, I've set up my system as you've instructed in your first post. I'd like ALL calls coming into trunk group 1 to be routed using this vector. Currently we have Trunk Group 1 set up like this:

Night Service: 1161
Incoming Destination: 1150

These two extensions are auto-attendants on our Audix VMS which contain appropriate recordings depending on time of day.

I still want this type of coverage to work, but not during the holiday schedule. During the holiday schedule I'd like calls to go to a different Audix auto-attendant (1152).

Any thoughts?

-Ron

-We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back