Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity using ASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

instalcor

Programmer
Aug 12, 2010
US
I need to have a toll free 800 number ring two phones at the same time. My issue is I don't know where to look for and find this number in programming. I am using the ASA (Avaya Site Administration). Do I find this in the "Start Emulation" or "Start GEDI" and how do I find this and make the number ring on two phones at the same time? Thank you for your help.

I am not really good at the definity programming but I can tell you that you will never find the 1-800 number in programming because that is not anything that is programmed into any system. You need to know the local number that gets targeted by the toll free.
From that point you should be able to find it somewhere with the help of people here that know better how to program it :)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Do you know what the DNIS or DID is? try using the command list extension xxxx xxx being the 4 or whatever digit extension you believe is the 800 number. Once you have that you can assign that number to a x port station that covers to an answer cover group that has the 2 extensions in it. they should ring at the same time.

Better yet, make it a Terminating Extension Group, and assign the DNIS as the TEG extension.

I recommend that you select "start GEDI" in ASA. "GEDI" stands for Graphically Enhanced DEFINITY Interface, and it is the GUI version of "start emulation" (aka "DOS Version").

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

You can call your provider and ask them if they are routing the 800 number for you. I know providers like BellSouth legacy used to point 800 numbers to internal DID's without having you program it in your switch.

Thank you for responding so fast everyone. I am half way there... I have the extension that the 800 number is pointing at. I created an answer cover group and added two extensions in it (1000) and (2000). Then I went into the extension that has the 800 pointing to it and put that coverage group in coverage path 1. Issue is only the first extension in the group rings. I would like them both to ring at the same time then go to the first extension's (1000) VM. I tried to make a terminating extension group, but it says that this extension is already assigned. I can't find it anywhere else. Thanks for your help again! :)

'list usage extension xxxx' will tell you where that extension is being use elsewhere in the system.

one other thing, when you build out the TEG or answer group, set 'bridged call alerting' to 'y'.

To create a terminating extension group, you first need to remove the extension.

REM STAT XXXX
ADD TERM NEXT

Susan

and to follow on with what Susan said, make the extension that the 800 number is pointing to the TEG extension number.

You guys are fantastic. SF0751 was correct, I needed to remove the extension first. Now all works and the bridged call alerting is working also. All that is left is, how do I make it go to VM box for extension 1000(one of the extensions that is ringing) after 6 rings??? You people are the best!

create a VM box for 1000
change station 1000
fill in coverpath 99

default ringtime for this coverpath is - I think- 4 times.
so if you need 6:
displ cov pa 99, make a printscreen
add coverpath next
(write down the cov.path nr!)
and paste everything, but change the 3 or 4 into 6
change station 1000
and put the new cov.path number behind cov.path.

MeenerB, I tried to set it up the way you explained. My next coverage path is 7. I programmed CP 7 just like CP 99 only changed rings to 6. I went in to station 1000 and changed coverage path#1 to 7 replacing the 99. I tried to put 7 in coverage path#2, but it wouldn't let me add it and came with an error. I called the 800 number but still no voicemail is answering...

...then go to the first extension's (1000) VM."

I'm not sure what VM system you have; the following instructions will work for an Audix system.

Go to the VM system and issue the command "CHA SUB 1000" and put the extension of the new terminating-extension group in the "Secondary Extension" field on the first page.

Then go back to GEDI and, using the command "CHA TERM XXX", change the coverage path of the terminating-extension group to your new coverage path 7.

And change the coverage path for extension 1000 back to the orginal.

Let me know what happens.

Susan

Instalcor,
CP#2 may be left empty (is used for a manual overide of the CP)
first create the VM.
I'm not sure how it works, SF0751 says. But try his and yours.
then test it by calling ext 1000. You should get the voicemailbox. If yes, then test the rest.

haha..I just got yelled at: Ext.1000 goes to lunch and forwards her calls to Ext.3000. The 800 number isn't ringing at Ext.3000. Is there a way to get Ext. to ring when Ext.1000 puts her calls on forward to Ext.3000?

see if ext 3000's bridged call alerting is set to yes.

It was set to no. I changed it to "yes" and tested. It still is not forwarding to 3000. It is just ringing 1000 and 2000. Any other ideas maybe? Thanks

I would just add extension 3000 to your terminating-extension group for the 800 number.

Susan

If I add extension 3000 to my Terminating-extension group then 3000 will ring all the time with extensions 1000 and 2000 when the 800 number is called. They only want extension 3000 to ring when 1000 forwards her phone to extension 3000. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back