Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity to Northern OPT81c Tie line

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojoagogo

Technical User
May 19, 2003
US
Has anyone benn able to set up a tie line between a Definity and Northern E1 to T1? I have London in idle and Northern in LOCK OUT. I'm running into a simple config problem. It's a plain T1 no DCH and the OPT81c is on Rls 25.15. I could use configs for both ends but I'll take what I can get.

RAN NORTEL TO NORTEL WITH E1/T1 TO ENGLAND, THE ONLY THING WAS I WAS GOING INTO A RLX MUX HERE SO ALL I CARED ABOUT WAS INTERFACING WITH THE RLX.
WORKED LIKE A DREAM NOTHING SPECIAL

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

SOMEWHERE YOUR GOING TO NEED TO CONVERT THE E1 TO T1 FOR IT TO WORK.

BT is doing the conversion. We were able to loop both ends and get IDLE channels on both sides.

YOUR GOING TO NEED A TBERD TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE LINE COMING IN, IF YOUR SET FOR TIE LINE YOU SHOULD SEE ALL ZERO'S ON YOUR A&B BITS IF YOU HAVE EXTENED SUPER FRAME YOU WILL HAVE ALL ZERO'S ON YOUR ABCD BITS.
BUT I CAN TELL YOU IF THERE IN LOCKOUT THERE NOT ZERO'S

I can see the programming in the Definity as IDLE CODE: 11111111. Would you know if that is the same thing?

IDLE IS ZERO OFF-HOOK IS ONES, BEEN THAT WAY FOR LONG TIME

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS you knw your dial tone!!! It was the IDLE CODE. Needs all zero's not all ONE's Thank you
-Tim

Are you saying there are no problems with a Definity?. He could get another Option 81 and get rid of the Definity.

I believe that you will require a DCH between the two sites. In your comments you don't have a Dch. You would get lock out state when theres not dch. Have you thought of DPNSS between the 2 systems that would be the best bet I guess

For a DCH in the Opt81 I need QSIG. (20k for the pkg) We are going streight T1 with a E1 to T1 converter in London. We got out of lock out when the Definity changed it's IDLE CODE to all zero's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back