Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity System time drifts from acuate daily 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike212

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
US
I've noticed that the clocks on the phones drift a decent amount, even on a daily basis, on the display portion of our phones. I know how to manually reset the time on the switch so that it pings the phones and resets the time but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to automate the system to do a update with a clocking source on a regular basis.

Need the info. What type of system are you running, what release of software?

You can use ASA to synchronize the PBX clock to the ASA PC except for the newer server based systems (S8300. S8500, S8700, or S8710). The trick is to make sure that the ASA PC has access to an accurate timing source. I would have ASA sync the clocks before the Definity starts the maintenance routines. Note - you will lose daily traffic data when you change the clock. I sync my switches once a week, on Sunday, when there is no call volume. On the 'System-Features' form make sure the entry for 'System Updates Time On Station Displays?' is set to 'y'.

Kevin

yep thats exactly how we do it with the G3 systems, and it works a treat, just make sure you synch in the middle of a CMS interval and you'll be fine.

Also the server based systems have a neat time synch feature, you can synch to a network router or some other corporate master clock automagically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back