Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Switch--What phone numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csdept

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2009
US
Is there a way to see what phone numbers are coming in to our Definity switch? We're trying to pare down our number of lines and need to know what numbers go into the switch.

Thank you.

Kent

Contact your telephone line service provider. They can give you a list of all numbers coming into your PBX. There may be a small charge for it depending on your provider.

I have a list of our numbers, I just want to see what comes into the switch and what doesn't, such as old modem and fax lines, etc.

If you have call accounting you should be able to run a report on what is active.
Or your carrier should be able to supply a traffic report on activity.

That's what I thought but according to my supervisor, who gave me this project, AT&T charges for usage reports like that. I find that hard to believe. That seems like a normal function of a phone carrier.

csdept, what exactly are you looking for? As rustytelco said, your call accounting should be able to give you that info, and the carriers do normally charge for traffic reports.

Get your hands on the AT&T bill because it should indicate what numbers you are bieng charged for and have charges for any outbound calls. Can you get access to AT&T web portal for your account becasue they do have tools you can use to drill in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back