Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Remote Access command

Status
Not open for further replies.

icartmanxx

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
CA
Due to some upcoming security concerns, our management team has mandated all staff work from home for two days. We have a Definity system which is linked to a PRI. Our office staff make long distance calls to our various branches and we don't want our staff to have to rack up these LD calls on their home phone lines.

Ideally I want our staff to dial into our switch, key in a passcode and get a dial tone which will allow them to dial an LD number. I believe this something that Remote Access can assist me with??

I have enabled Remote Access, assigned a free extension, set a 6 digit barrier code, and also required an Authorization code.

If I dial the number I hear a dial tone. I dial the 6 digit barrier code and get another dial tone. From there, all calls seem to get routed to our reception line...I can't dial out. What am I missing? The COR, COS and TN are all equal to 1, which is the same as our regular extensions.

Assistance appreciated...

You mention that you have Autherization set to yes but your not entering a Autherization number. You can just enter a "n" in the remote access form and forget about the Autherization number. The other thing to is make sure your COS has trunk to trunk transfer set to yes

If I turn authorization code off, the option for "remote access dial tone" dissappears, so I assume it would not work. I have left this feature enabled.

Trunk to trunk is set to yes in COS 1

OK...ended up turning off Authorization and I can now make LD calls after typing in the barrier code.

Thanks for the assistance!!

I would (and have) set this to a higher COS and set trunk to trunk to restricted. This lets you make the calls you want without lower levels of permissions being able to. This helps protect you from toll fraud even with remote access oped up. You really don't want everyone to be able to do trunk to trunk transfers using cos 1 do you?

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back