Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity newboy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody1976

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2005
GB
Hi all,

I have one problem that i need to work around. My sales guy has sold an 8 port voicemail to a company that need auto attendant service to front a call centre but here's the killer, they average in the region of 1000-1250 calls a day, the system is an 8400 using the internal ia770 vm, now i am being asked to do the auto-attendant via vector and annoucements, is it possible to do this? i know you can do stuff like collect digits after annoucements and route to DN's, the autoattendant is not that complicated its just the volume of calls into it and i get the feeling my sales colleague is a little bit afraid of taking a hit for modular messaging as this i get the impression is quite expensive! Thanks for helping the new guy in advance...........

P.S Does the voicemail on transfer actions use a second port for this?

Can you not use VDNs, Vectors, and Announcements to accomplish the "auto attendant" functions? Do you have announcement board(s)?

Yes i now have one annoucement board, and yes i will be using vdn's and vectors to do this just need a helping hand to start me in the right direction, how i would achieve sub-menu's from the main menu and so on, like if i put a step in the vector saying collect 4 digits after annoucement xxxx, is the vector looking for the digit "4", or a string of 4 digits.

Any help would be greatly received!!

post an outline of what you want to do,,,

collect 4 digits after announcement xxx,,,
the system will collect 4 digits..

basic menu could be
collect 1 digit after announcement xxx (press 1 for service, 2 for sales, 3 for hr, 4 for accounting,,, etc..)
route to number 1234 with cov n if digit = 1
route to number 1235 with cov n if digit = 2 ... etc..
where 1234/1235 could be hunt group ext #., or vdn pointing to a new vector, direct extension,, etc.
you could also just do
goto setp 15 if digit = 3
then on step 15,,, queue to skill xxx pri m

there is a ton of stuff you can do for call treatments,,,

woody1976,

The following is a vector script that provides a greeting and prompts the caller to enter their parties ext. It is written so that the caller is limited what can be dialed to prevent toll fraud. If you have a receptionist, instead of an invalid digits annc, you could route calls there. Cheers.

01 wait-time 0 secs hearing ringback
02 collect X digits after announcement (annc ext) for none
03 goto step 15 if digits = (AAR Access Digit)
04 goto step 15 if digits = (ARS Access Digit)
05 goto step 14 if digits = 1 (ia770 Dial By Name)
06 goto step 15 if digits = (FAC Access Digit)??
07 goto step 15 if digits = (TAC Access Digit)
08 goto step 11 if digits = 41(Dial-plan lead ext digit(s) followed by ????)
09 goto step 11 if digits = 60(Dial-plan lead ext digit(s) followed by ????)
10 goto step 11 if digits = 78(Dial-plan lead ext digit(s) followed by ????)
11 route-to digits with coverage y
12 goto step 2 if unconditionally
13 stop
14 messaging skill ### for extension (ia770 Dial By Name ext)
15 announcement #### (Invalid Digits annc)
16 goto step 2 if unconditionally
17 stop

Signal Corp NCO

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.”

Thomas A. Edison

Don't mean to hijack the post but Signalcorp - that's not a very good example since it's implying security based on all of the "goto step 15" steps, none of which appear correct. Vectors should be restricted with COR's , trk/trk transfer, and/or partition groups. Things like your step 3 will not prevent people from dialing 9-0, 9-00, 911, etc. and reaching the PSTN. If you have vectors setup that way, you may want to do a quick security audit.

-CL

i think you best setup this restriction thing to prevent toll fraud with your COR...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back