Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity G3si to IP Office Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbohn1

MIS
Apr 5, 2010
US
We are engaging with a client which has a 12+ year old Definity G3si system. They will have 90 Analog Stations and 210 Digital Stations. We are offering an IP Office solution.

My question.
Currently the phone closet has a series of 66 blocks with ampenol connectors at the side of the 66 block. An amphenol cable from each block is connected to the back of the Definity system's inteface boards, via an amphenol connector, which lights up to 24 digital or analog phones per connection.

The IP Office has 30 RJ45 inputs on the front of the Digital 30 or Analog 30 Expansion Stations. Too bad there is not an amphenol connection option for these Expansion Stations (the Nortel compatible DS30A has this feature, but does not light up Avaya phones). If so, we would be able to unplug the ampenol connector from the Definity and plug this cable into the front of the Expansion Stations and we'd be connected, eh?

But the Expansion Stations are not configured with Amphenol connectors, so what recommendations do you have to enable these connections?. I have found this adapter cable, but am look for other ideas/help. This solution appears to only take into account 12 of the 24 phones on the 66 block????

Of course, the cutover needs to be as short in time as possible!

Thanks,

I would cut off the amphenol connector and terminate the cable on a 24 port patch panel.
Then you can use patch cables to connect the IP Office to the patch panel.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

We just replaced a 150 extn INDeX system. this also had 32 pair Amphenol cables to it. TBH, the IPO doesn't have them so I didn't worry about them. Cut them out and put them with the rest of the pile of old kit!!!

We put the IPO into a suitable rack, wired up 4 50 pair multi cores from Voice Patch Panels up to the Telco frame and rejumpered the whole thing. IPO patched down to the voice panels in standard Cat 5 patch peads. Job done.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back