Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity G3si question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHaha

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2001
US
We have a Definity G3si system and it has speed dial numbers set up that anyone in the company can use. These numbers are dialed by pressing #8 and then a three digit number. I need to change one of the numbers but I can't find it on the system anywhere.

Anyone have any idea where I should look?

Thanks

Hi
Looks like you have abbreviated-dialing system list.
Use command change abbreviated-dialing system to access this list and find there needed digit string.

P.S.
Make command display feature-access-codes you will see feature access codes to the Lists 1,2,3 on the first page - find code #8. Wich list will used is showed on station form . There are Personal, System and Group lists. For personal list use change abbreviated-dialing personal {ext} .

Thanks for your help.

It showed the feature #8 being associated with list 3. I started looking and found the numbers I needed to change under abbreviated-dialing enhanced 0

Thanks again for your help.

Shame that there is no way to make several PBXes share the same list.

We have DEFINITY ECS systems across Europe in Si / SCC boxes but have to administer the cha abbr dia sys on each one.

Maybe a thought for future versions, Avaya. Connection via C-LAN to a server or service running on 2000 / NT on a Wintel box perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back