Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity G3si+m V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnDeRDoGlive

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2006
US
Hello,

The forums have been great on helping me to get this setup. I just setup a tie trunk to the VoIP gateway I installed and all is working great but I have a problem setting up a route. If someone could help I’ll be glade to post the progress I did to get a Trixbox which was Asterisk@home with a Sangoma four port ISDN-Pri card on the forums with a step by step guide.

Definity G3si+m V4

I’m dialing out from the PC to the switch 8620 the 8410d rings I pick up and talk works great and also receive caller-id. My softphone number is lets say 4000 how do I pick up the 8410d and dial my softphone? Please step by step newbi on the routing.

Thanks,
Steve

Could someone explain the AAR? If I call ext. 3000 I need it to look on the pri trunk 22 for that ext.

Thanks

Use it in conjunction with UDP. "change Uniform-dial-plan 3000" and add an AAR routing code (lets say 123).

Add UDP code 123 next to the entry for 3000. Then "Change aar 123". Specify your route pattern here:

Dialed Total Route Call Node ANI
String Min Max Pattern Type Num Reqd
123 7 7 20 aar n

"change route 20" and setup your route pattern to use the PRI trunk group and delete 3 digits (the 123). This will now send all calls to 3000 over the PRI along with the digits 3000 so it can be routed by the gateway.

-CL

Not sure about newer Call Manager implementations, but on older Avaya switches, it's "Change UDP 3000".

I'm working with a similar implementation using a PRI connecting between a G3V9.5 Avaya and an Asterisk server.

I was able to set it up so that I can dial the 4 digit numbers of extensions on the Avaya (5900-5999) from the Asterisk, and/or dial the 4 digit number of the Astersik extensions (7000-7099)from the Avaya. I get callerID info both ways. I also setup a VDN that is a DID number that I can call into the Avaya and the vector prompts "please enter your parties 4 digit extension" and using "route to digits", I can reach my party on the Asterisk.
However, I need to have the extensions in the Asterisk box be reachable via DID numbers so I ordered a block of 100 DID's 672+(7000-7099) and have them coming in on an existing PRI into the Avaya.
When I dial these DID #'s, I get a network recording saying that "these #'s have been disconected or are no longer in service" indicating to me that the Avaya is telling the CO switch that these numbers don't exist on my switch--Go Away!
If I go into "cha second digit 7" and try to use aar or ars in the Identification field of second digit 0, it tells me ""I don't have ARS/AAR Shortcut Dialing feature assigned.
Any help to get this last step implemented would be appreciated.

well that's why I couldn't see it in the system-parameters customer-options its turned off :(((( I have to get Avaya to turn it on before I call will this hurt anything?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back