Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity G3 V6 Video Conference BRI Ports 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnuk2801

Technical User
Mar 5, 2007
GB
Hey all,
I have a definity G3 Version 6 which i have just installed a BRI card into.

I have wired it out and programmed 3 data stations as WCBRI.

I have connected my IDSN Tester into the first port and can dial out and dial an extension internally.

I have pointed a ddi at each data stations, and when i call in on one of the ddi numbers the isdn tester churps for a couple of seconds then the phone i called in on gets a busy tone.

I have tried connecting the video conference equipment and have the same problem i can dial out and initiate the video conference but if i get someone to dial in with there video conference machine they get busy tone. and the same if i call in from a landline to the ddi of the first data station.

My data stations are programmed as follows:

Data Extension: 1017/1018/1019
Type: WCBRI COS: 1 COR: 1 TN: 1 Mulitmedia: N
Default Duplex: Full Default Mode: async
Default Speed: 1200 Cdefault: Restricted
Data Application: M2_A
XID: n Fixed TEI: n Country: etsi Endpt: n

All 3 data extensions are identical, i have tried changing the cdefault to un-restricted.

Any Help would be much appreciated!!!

Regards

John

The Video Conference equipment is a Polycomm, Does anyone know if it is possible to have ISDN to the desk with a Version 6 Prologix????

We have 7 Polycom VC units (6 older iPower 960s and 1 VSX7400s - brand new last week) going through our Definity Gr3 (v8.4). We use TN2198 rather than TN556. Although from your config listed, the fields seem almost identical. Here is how I've mine setup, I've highlighted the differences:

Data Extension: 7825
Type: WCBRI
COS: 1
COR: 1
TN: 1
Mulitmedia: N

Circuit Switched data Attributes
Default Duplex: Full
Default Mode: sync
Default Speed: [blue]64000[/blue]

Data Module Capabilities
Cdefault: Restricted
Default ITC: [blue]unrestricted[/blue]
Data Application: M2_A

BRI Link/Maintenance Parameters Page 2
XID: n
Fixed TEI: n
[blue]Country Protocol: 1[/blue]
Endpt: n
[blue]Endpt Init? y[/blue]
[blue]SPID: XXXYYYZZZZ[/blue]
[blue]Endpt ID: 01[/blue]

Note: With the Endpt ID, I discovered through trial and error it needed to alternate between 01 and 02:

SPID 1: 1112223333 01
SPID 2: 1112223334 02
SPID 3: 1112223335 01
SPID 4: 1112223336 02
SPID 5: 1112223337 01
SPID 6: 1112223338 02
SPID 7: 1112223339 01
SPID 8: 1112223340 02

We've been able to configure each unit up to 512kb connections. Keep in mind your SPID configuration on the VC unit will need to match what you have on the PBX.

Hope this helps!

does the DATA Module Ext. need to be a DID number or can I use a "non-DID"? or will the extention number (assigned to the port) be used for incoming calls?

Each channel is 64k, so wouldn't you need 8 DIDs for 512k? I couldn't speak to the DID or non-DID aspect. We have 10,000 DIDs, so I've not set one up w/non-DID.

Nope. Only 4 DID's are needed for 512K. Each channel is 64K, yes. But a single data module is 2 channels both with the same spid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back