Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity G3 MOH stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullDog54

Vendor
Aug 21, 2012
US
Hello All,
I have a Definity G3 and the music on hold just stop working

I verified the music is working at the analog port, that it has been assigned for decades.
As a test, I swapped ports with another analog port. I removed programmed port and then reentered port information still did not work music.
Music source is still active.
Shutdown Definity, restarted, still not working
Add aux card TN763 to system and programmed MOH to that port, still not working.
can only log in as customer- no Craft permissions.
System Parm Features is correct for music on hold and COR 1 shows MOH yes in its field
Any ideas?
Thanks

Data Privacy on COS will block music
Data Restriction? y on station or trunk will also block music

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

do a list trace station, call another phone and have them put you on hold and then see what the trace reveals

If there is a coupler or isolation device between the music player and the PBX port, try bypassing it. Use an analog butt set to verify the music is going into the PBX port.

Kevin

AvayaTier3 - Tried both features COS data privacy I turn off and data restrictions I turned off- still no MOH.
joe2938 - Cannot do a List Trace- no Craft Permissions
4merAvaya- we can hear the music on hold at the analog port using butt set.

Check your CORs. Is the 'Hear System Music on Hold?' field set to 'y'?

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back