Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Enterprise Rel. 5 Password reset 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autox95

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2010
US
I just had a new customer call me wanting me to reset the password on a Definity Rel 5. If someone could please IM me with the info so I can pick up this ticket and this new customer.

Thanks,
Mike

maybe I should have been more specific. I need to reset the current password because nobody knows what it is. I don't think you can do that remotely because that would be a security risk but I am not certain of that. also I cannot afford to pay 250 dollars on a call then I'm probly only going to make 200 dollars on.

Michael A
Managing Officer/HMFIC
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

Only trying to help. Please tell me how to make $200.00 on something you cannot do.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

>I just had a new customer call me wanting me to reset the password on a Definity Rel 5.

I'd be very vary of this. Customers that don't have access to their passwords are oftem is dispute with their current or old maintainers. This is mostly over money owed, and bad payers are customers that no one really wants.

From the customer's,point of view however, I'd be equally wary of a maintainer who has to ask on an open forum about password resets. It would leave me wondering how much you really know about the system...

All in all - I reckon AvayaTier3 is the person to call.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

To answer your question Avaya I am also doing some other things while on site. I also told them that I would have to do some research on the password reset.
To reply to you Matt I am working as a sub for the company that will be subbing out the remote programming. I will be the hands and eyes on site. I can do almost anything on Nortel from a CICS to a Opt 81C and the BCM's but I couldn't tell you how to default the password. I would have to do a lot of digging in to my paperwork to find it again. So you shouldn't make assumptions and call people out on a situation that you know nothing about but thank you for the input.

Michael A
Managing Officer/HMFIC
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

All in all - I reckon AvayaTier3 is the person to call."

I second that. If you're interested in getting the contract/work from this customer, the $250 is a good investment.

Also, we're not making assumptions or calling you out, you asked for help/advise and you got it. Of course you are free to ignore it and do whatever you think is right.

Cheers,
Nico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back