Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity DSA & Tracker 2300

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickcross

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
GB
I'm having problems remotely connecting my DSA to a remote site with a "Tracker 2300".

The login is manual, and i'm told it follows this sequence.

Click on 'Start GEDI'

at [] symbol type tracker password & hit enter
hit enter again
at 1> prompt type ;SP1 & hit enter
Tracker responds O.k.
at 1> prompt type ;ME & hit enter
Tracker responds O.k.

then there is supposed to be a login / password sequence but it never appears??? well, it did once...? I've had the Tracker rebooted twice but that doesn't seem to help.

Question is, can anyone provide me with the correct manual login sequence for the above?

cheers,

Nick.

An ever so grateful Lucent INDeX in-house admin. That has been given a remote Defninty system (and no training -isn't that always the way)

Have you tried the other ports on the tracker,just in case the lead is plugged in to the wrong port.To change ports from the 1> prompt just type ";SP2" or ";SP3" or ";SP4" (without the speech marks) and press enter/return to see if you get a prompt.I have also come across one site where instead of typing ";ME" i had to type ";TT"

Jon

I have experienced several problems with the tracker. Resetting no longer clears a busied port.

I have found that disconnecting all cables and then powering off for half an hour before reconnecting the cables will clear any busied ports.

Hi,
You need to hit return twice after entering ;ME to get the logon prompt. If you get a flashing cursor and no logon the port could be locked, try this command: -
First enter ;EM Y at the 1> Prompt (This switches on echo mode, so you can see what your doing).
Second enter ;CM and hit enter, you will now get: -

Configuration of port 1
-----------------------
Soft handshake : Off
Hard handshake : On
Time stamp : Off
Data inhibit : Off
Baud rate : 9600,N,8,1

You now need to enter ;CM N,Y,N,Y and hit return
This will toggle the data inhibit to on, you then need to reset it by using ;CM N,Y,N,N and hit return.
You should now be able to use ;ME <return> <return> to get the logon prompt.
Hope this helps.

Can someone tell me please how the data tracker works with
alarm outcalling on the Definity ?
someone say that it works great but i hear also
negative things on this

who have experience with this ?

Thanks

Greets, Bob Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor