Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Dial-up Emulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkTelTom

Technical User
Oct 30, 2008
US
Anyone know of a freeware way to at least approximate 513 or one of the other Avaya supported emulations using a modem?

HyperTerminal using VT-100 or "auto-detect" works for basic commands but without 513 emulation or other Avaya supported type I can't back out of a Display Vector form or page through multiple page forms like Display Hunt.

There is a FAQ on this forum that recommends using a custom keyboard map with free Tera Term Pro which would be fine but that and most others don't provide dial-up and the only way to my customer's system is dial-up. ProComm is too out of date (last release 2005?) and unsupported by Symantec to warrant spending about $100 on it.

Avaya Terminal Emulator will work with dialup modem

It comes with ASA

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Let me know if you need help. You can also manually use escape sequences to get out of forms. These escape sequences are different for each Terminal Emulation.
What hardware platforms and Definity or Cm software versions are you connecting to?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

The system is a G3r. Not sure of the version. My customer probably has ASA somewhere, but since I'm the "expert" I hate to ask for it.

The system prompts me for terminal type when I log in. I've been using 513 as the default but I could choose 4410, etc. Hyperterminal's options are quite limited. I've had it set to VT100.

Key stroke sequences that will allow me to "Cancel", etc. would get me by until I can get my hands on ASA or dig-up a copy of ProComm somewhere.

Still somewhere in the world someone must have posted a shareware utility that does 513 or 4410 on dial-up.

Escape Sequences for the 4410 / 4425 Emulator
KEY ESCAPE SEQUENCE

Clear Field EscOS
Help EscOT
Next Form EscOU
Next Page EscOV
Previous Page EscOW
Submit (enter) EscOR
Cancel EscOP
Refresh EscOQ
Edit Escf6
GoToPage EscOr
Escape Sequences for the 513BCT Emulator
KEY ESCAPE SEQUENCE
Clear Field Esc[J
Help EscOm
Next Page Esc[U
Previous Page Esc[V
Submit (enter) EscSB
Cancel EscOw
Refresh EscNa
GoToPage EscOr
Edit Escf6

bsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back