Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity CSU 120 A3 cable to PRI Jack from LEC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguy449

Vendor
Dec 20, 2007
US
I need the part number for Definity CSU 120 A3 cable to PRI Jack from LEC. I will probably need about 50ft.

I always apprciate everyones help and suggestions.

You can use a CAT-5 Ethernet cable. The pin-out is the same.

Kevin

The cable is a "double" looking cable with a moulded end and a part number. The customer wants a cable that looks like the existing att cable. I hope someone has part number...

Use cable which meets the specific electrical and physical requirements in order to properly transmit T-1 signals. Lucent Comcode for specific lengths is 106557077 or a 1000' roll order 105367502.

This may be what you are looking for.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

I think you want 105779739 for the 50' avaya ds1 cable.

-CL

I searched that number @ Avaya.com

I also seached Google both returned 0 results.

Any other ideas?

700395445 1 120A CSU CABLE 50FT RHS A1 $30.00

PG

Could you tell me what is so special about the moulded ends and what appears to be like a 2 conductor line cord?
Is there a ground wire and if so what are the pin outs?

I sure appreciate you folks!

Phoneguy 449

the transmit pair and receive pair are separatley jacketed, and each has an overal shield around them. This is the "official" way a T1 cable is supposed to be made, but in reality, it doesn't really matter all that much.

Mitch

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Does it have 2 sheilds or 1?

Is the rj-45 connector sheilded?

Did I have the correct Avaya part number for 50 ft cable?

What function does the firecracker in line do on a t-1 line?

Thanks again Mitch.

I don't know the pinout of the cable or what's connected other then 1,2,4 and 5, but 700395445 is the comcode for the 50 ft cable

The firecracker is a loopback device. The CSU 120 and the MM710 have no internal loopback capacity.

PG

My deepest thanks to all who have provided me with great info and suggestions. This is a great place to see True Professionals lend a hand to those of us still wanting to learn and know more.

Have a great evening!

Phoneguy449

ps. 2 cables on order thanks to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back