Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Cert Basic I Study Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyjohn

Technical User
Nov 5, 2001
GB
Hi all,
Can anyone forward me or suggest where I can find a study guide for the Definity Basic I Certification exam?
I have tried everywhere but I can only find one for the Basic II.
I have completed the basic and advanced admin courses and also the ACD Admin and Vector Design course. I would just like to know which subjects will be covered in the exam and if my knowledge is up to it.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi scottyjohn,

I have a document that i think may help you prepare for the certification exam, if you e-mail me at james_r_mathews@hotmail.com i will reply with the document attached.

James.

If you read the prlogix installation manual fully this will get you through the test

Hi Timi,
Where will I find the PRLOGIX install manual?

Thanks

John

Where can I find study material for definity

thanks

altender

Hi,

I've done Definty Adminstration and ACD Admin and Vector Design course. I'm going to do I&M next week and apply a Definity certification Exame. I'd like to know if somebody could help me with guide, example exams and everything that could help me to do it.

Thanks

Helder Tougeiro

Ive also done the courses you mention and another advanced admin course but I dont think Ill manage to get on the I&M course. Its really tough to get any detail on what is included in the definity basic cert course.

John

I work for an Avaya business parnter. I was wondering where you can find out about these training courses you are talking about? My company is not very helpful in this respect.

Thanks!

Matt Wray
CCNA

If you contact the provider of your equipment they should be able to point to the right area. In the UK we just contact Avaya direct but be warned they arent really cheap at all!

John

Or try

Hi all,

I sat my Definity Certification Basic 1 exam today and had a bit of difficulty with it (failed!):-(. I had trawled through all of the forums to see if anyone could supply me with study materials or at least a general outline of what the exam covered, to no avail so I thought I would have a go anyway.

I am fairly experienced on the administration part of my knowledge but as it happens the exam seemed to be almost two thirds devoted to I&M issues and topics so for anyone looking for pointers as to what they need to cover study wise, I am posting this list of topics covered in the exam and also a fe questions which I can remember.

Hope this helps someone!

John

Questions:

At what point should the memory card with customer defined software be introduced at installation?
 Before power up
 During power up
 When prompted to do so at the screen

When installing a cabinet what should be the voltmeter reading between the ground and the negative terminal before installation?

When installing a switch with three cabinets what order should the cabinets be powered up?
 First cabinet first
 Cabinets two and three first
 All cabinets simultaneously

You have been called to a site where there is a major fault and the system is showing SPE-DOWN state. What should you do first?
 Display alarms
 Reset the system
 Replace the faulty circuit with the red LED lit.

In what order should the cards be fitted in the switch at installation?

What should be fitted into the first slot in an si cabinet?
 Processor
 Digital line card
 Audix

General topics covered:

 Powering up and powering down the switch.

 Backing up the switch.

 Necessary capacities for flash card backups of both announcements and translations, i.e., 4mb, 8mb or 16mb?

 Installing new cabinets

 Installation process for cabinet components i.e. Dig-line cards, processors etc., including installation order etc.

 Understanding how the INADS function operates and all associated hardware

 Definition of how the switch deals with reporting alarms to INADS etc.

 What is OSS ( Off-Site Support) connection and how does it function?

 What is meant by the system status SPE-Down?

 Processes involved in upgrading software.

 Processes involved in initial boot up of newly installed / upgraded switch.

 Differences between the hardware associated with G3r, G3si, etc.

 In depth COS and COR parameters and how they will work in real-life situations.

 Call Coverage and Call Forwarding options and how they will work in real-life situations.

 Understanding alarms and how to interpret and suppress them.

 Features of different trunk types and how they affect the system.

 Understanding the differences between 2 wire analogue and 4 wire digital configurations.

 What types of inputs on-hold music sources can be connected to.

 Understanding night service.

 Understanding Console Permissions.

 Using the test command.

 Understand the various levels of system reset and how they relate to real-life situations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back