Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DEFINITY CDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatX

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
ZA
Hi all,

For various reasons, the CDR output of my site's DEFINITY G3r (release 9) was not dumped to my TMS for a few weeks. This information appears to have been replaced in the DEFINITY's internal buffer with newer information. CDR delivery is via a data module, as the switch does not deliver CDR over it's physical serial connections. Is there any way I can access the old CDR information in the switch? Is it archived in any way or stored to internal disk? I need to extract this information for client billing purposes and am in a bit of a pickle here. The Avaya manuals are not much help, in this case. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Clive aka RatX

Sorry man,

As soon as the buffer is full you're gonna loose information in the FIFO order. There's no way you can get this back.
The only thing you can try is find out if your provider is able to give you a specification of the outgoing calls and duration in that period.

Goodluck!!

[afro]

No help now, but you can setup a 2nd CDR output letting you run 2 boxes in parallel. In the future, if you need to migrate to a new CDR/CAS app, etc., you can get it working and collecting data via the 2nd interface prior to disconnecting your present system on the 1st interface. -CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back